1st Yade Workshop
Yet Another Discrete Element Workshop
Grenoble, July 7-9, 2014
The 1st Yade Workshop will be held on 7-9 July in Grenoble, France.
Particle-scale modeling remains an area of active developments, decades after the pioneering work of P. Cundall. A large part of these developments is mirrored by contributions to the open source platform Yade-DEM.
The objective of this workshop is to gather people interested in DEM and DEM-related developments, with special focus on new models and couplings, algorithmic issues, performance and parallelization.
The preliminary program is available.
Check also the access map.
The list of sessions includes:
- DEM applications
- Numerical methods and modeling techniques
- Complex shapes
- Multiphase couplings
The last day will take the form of short talks and less formal meetings focused on the Yade-DEM project. A coding and brainstorming session will be organised for Yade devs, and coordinated by Klaus Thoeni. For more info see Brainstorming.
The 1st Yade Workshop will be an opportunity for the people developping Yade-DEM and other DEM codes to meet each other, share ideas and elaborate workplans and cooperations.
Contact & Registration
We will still accept a limited number of registrations
For registration and practical informations email us.
A template registration form is here, please fill in your data and send it to the above adress.
- Anton Gladky (TU Freiberg)
- Klaus Thoeni (Univ. Newcastle AU)
- Alexander Eulitz (TU Berlin)
- Frédéric Donzé (Univ. Grenoble)
- Jan Stránský (TU Prague)
- Jérôme Duriez(Univ. Grenoble)
- Christian Jakob (TU Freiberg)
- Burak ER
- François Kneib(IRSTEA Grenoble)
- Václav Šmilauer (Prague)
- Ricardo Pieralisi (Univ. Catalunya)
- Janek Kozicki (TU Gdansk)
- Emanuele Catalano (Itasca CG Lyon)
- Bruno Chareyre (Grenoble Inst. of Tech. / 3SR Lab)
- Caroline Chalak (Grenoble Inst. of Tech. / 3SR Lab)
The workshop is supported by Maimosine, Fédération VOR, Fédération 3G, Université Grenoble Alpes, and région Rhône-Alpes.