Yade revisions are numbered using three-number scheme x.y.z or optionally x.y.z.r, where:
- x - release number,
- y - major revision number,
- z - minor revision number,
- r - optional number of subversion revision.
For example, yade 0.1.3 is:
- 0 - not released yet,
- 1 - first major revision,
- 3 - third minor revision.
Minor revision number is incremented when small changes and bugfixes to the code are done.
Major revision number is incremented each time when:
- a new simulation method is added (like FEM, or Tetrahedron Discrete Model),
- coupling between two of them is added,
- noticeable GUI improvement is done,
- big change in directory structure is done - like splitting code to separate packeges,
- redesign of significant importance happens.
Incrementing major revision number is independent from release number.
Release happens when we meet the schedule. Before that we are still in beta.